Pamela N. Kirby
3960 Hilltop Haven Drive
Morristown, NJ 07960
|Registered Nurse, Charge Nurse, or related position in which extensive Registered Nursing experience, advanced clinical skills, and strong patient education and assessment abilities will contribute to quality care.|
|Experienced professional nurse and teacher seeks position in large hospital which values patient care and family education.|
Proven ability to manage nurses and supervise diverse medical staff. Able to teach patients to improve therapy and rehab. Exceptional skills at caring for patients ranging from pediatric to geriatric.
Trained to care for long-term care patients,psychiatric patients, and geriatric care patients. Skilled at observing and assessing needs, administering vaccinations and medications and designing rehab programs.
Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to interface with doctors, staff and social workers. Skilled presenter and teacher.
Well-developed communication skills demonstrated through interaction with patients, families and physicians, production of detailed written treatment plans and reports, charting patient progress, serving as part of a multi-disciplinary team, and the ability to establish and maintain professional relationships.
St. Regis Hospital, Ramsey, NJ
1997 - Present
|Acting Charge Nurse|
Served as Acting Charge Nurse the Mental Health Department of large
hospital. Oversaw all daily operations of a 35-bed department.
Coordinated closely with doctors and social workers on an inpatient and
outpatient basis. Recognized for implementing a caring and safe
• Conducted analysis of new patients for suicide prevention measures and avoidance of drug interaction problems.
• Managed and trained a staff of 45 nurses and nursing staff. Encouraged cooperation and increased communication to improve patient care.
Shady Acres Nursing Facility, Oakland, NJ
1995 - 1997
Supervised a staff of 20, including LPN and CNA and RN nursing staff.
Assessed and monitored patient care of all elderly patients. Managed
all administrative and billing responsibilities for several clients
needing a high-level of treatment and care.|
• Managed, trained and supervised new hires and administrative employees; implemented a team-based care environment, providing ongoing training to nursing personnel on proper patient care procedures.
• Ensured compliance with all State and Federal Medicare, Medicaid, and private insurance regulations; helped customers and staff navigate complex insurance regulations.
Acme Medical Center, New Orleans, Louisiana
1993 - 1995
|Clinical Coordinator / Orientation Nurse|
Served as Clinical coordinator and Orientation Nurse for a busy medical
/ surgical unit with 40 beds. Conducted inservices for staff,
maintained a log of continuing education and nursing credentials, and
provided orientation for new nurses.|
• Coordinated patient education, serving as a liaison between patients, families, physicians, and other health care professionals, problem-solving and complaint resolution, enhancing patient emotional and physical comfort, participating in treatment planning and staffing, and evaluating and charting patient progress.
St. Joseph's Memorial Hospital, Paterson, NJ
1990 - 1993
Performed a wide range of educational and technical duties for a
department serving the needs of mothers with newborn infants on the
Maternal / Child Post-Partum Unit. Collected data, taught mothers how
to care for the newborn, and instructed classes for expectant parents
on the prenatal and perinatal experience.|
• Made referrals for follow-up visits for newborns to the well baby clinics with the New Orleans Health Department, provided direct patient care on various wards as needed, and facilitated grief counseling for mothers with grief-related issues.
Community Health Department, Pequannock, NJ
1987 - 1990
Served as town nurse responsible for conducting immunization seminars
and emerency certification training. Taught formal classes on AIDS
awareness and prevention.|
• Collected data regarding communicable diseases and submitted results appropriate state and federal health departments.
Chilton Memorial, Pompton Lakes, NJ
1972 - 1987
|Licensed Practical Nurse|
Provided excellent patient care for the Ob-Gyn Department. Served
prenatal, and postnatal women. Performed labor and delivery care.|
• Conducted patient seminars for labor and delivery pain management.
|• NJ Nurses' Association|
• Habitat for Humanity Fundraiser
UNIVERSITY of SOUTH ALABAMA, Mobile, Alabama
|Bachelor of Science, Nursing|
|• Honored on Dean's List for 3.6 GPA|
• Earned numerous certifications including Code Management, Would Care, Legal Documentation, and Nursing Supervision.
ORLEANS COMMUNITY COLLEGE, New Orleans, Louisiana
|• Completed nursing prerequisite courses|
Rutgers University, Orange, NJ
|• Completed all Registered Nursing requirements|
Rutgers University, Orange, NJ
|professinalsmapleresume.info - Remmber A good Resume Is Vital To Getting The Perfect Job|